Thursday, May 29, 2014

Enjoy the sun and begin the drive



Today begins my summer adventures of the East coast. I had an early flight down to Dallas today with a layover in Las Vegas where I am currently writing this. When I get to Dallas, I will then drive down to Houston to stay at my friends Ryan’s place for the night.

On the plane this morning, I sat next to an older women visiting Salt Lake City. We talked for quite a while and I told her about my road trip plans a little bit. She sounded very excited for me and gave me some good advice such as not being shy and trying to get to know anyone I can this summer. I told her that I had just graduated from Texas Tech with a Restaurant and Hotel Management degree. She told me to take every opportunity to talk with restaurant managers this summer. It made a lot of sense to me because I will only see those people for a little while so there is no point in being shy and not taking the opportunity to network with cool restaurant managers.

I have been looking forward to this trip for many, many months and it has finally arrived. I will try not to assume anything of what will be taking place on my pilgrimage. There are a few things that I want to acquire along the way such as informing people about the miracle that took place in my life several years ago. I think that that happened to me so that I can share with people that God is really there in life. When youre not really paying much attention to anything bigger than yourself, like I was at the time of my accident, God showed up prevalently and showed me what I really need to be focused on.

Enjoy the sun today.
Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment