Saturday, May 24, 2014

Starting New Things



I have been packing up all of my apartment belongings and this morning I left Lubbock heading toward Salt Lake City. I have lived in Texas for 20 years of my life and have been in Lubbock for four years. They have been some great times and I’ve never developed more than my Lubbock years, but they have come to an end for now. I graduated from Texas Tech last Saturday and it is time for a new set of things to learn about life. My parents have moved to Salt Lake City, Utah within the past year which explains why I am going up there right now and should be getting in tomorrow.

I am dropping all of my college things off at their place in Salt Lake and next week I will be flying back down to Dallas to begin my journey of the East Coast. I’ve only mildly set up plans for the places that I will be traveling to and the dates, but if I have told you I am coming to your place I will most likely still be coming and I will let you know before I arrive at your door step.

My ideas behind this pilgrimage are to find things about life that I wasn’t able to learn in college, tell people about God’s miracles, experience new things, and to leave a positive impact on people that I meet along the way. I will be doing this all at my own pace so I will be traveling solo in my little VW Golf. It’s a happy little Golfer. That way I can take my time and have time for personal reflection along the way.

Some people have told me that I should set up a blog for my adventures this summer so I think this is what I will try to do and is the purpose of this post. I created a blog with some friends a couple of summers ago but I’m new to this and I don’t write for public things much, if ever, so if you have any hopes in this thing being interesting, you might want to release those hopes now.

Hey. Have a good day.
Ryan



No comments:

Post a Comment