Pops and I left Colorado Springs
where we had spent the night a couple of nights ago on our voyage. As we were
making our way through Colorado we stopped for lunch at Fort Collins, where we
also went and checked out the New Belgium Brewery just for fun.
From Fort Collins we continued up
north to Wyoming. Crossing that state sign brought back so many memories
of my few months that I've spent in Wyoming. The most recent memories from this
past summer working in Grand Teton National Park and that turning into the best
summer I've ever had. So many awesome relationships and friendships formed up
there over the past few years including my girlfriend Copper and such
incredible experiences that could not have been learned from a book make this a
really cool spot for me.
It was a pretty
long drive across southern Wyoming but it was a really cool place to see that
I've never been through before. It was cool to not see any other forms of
civilization other than the road in front of us. It was raining off and on
along the way, but we got to Utah right at sunset. We had a peaceful drive into
Salt Lake and went up to Park City where the house is at to see Momma.
The next day was
Memorial Day and a couple of my good friends that I met this past summer in
Wyoming and a couple of new friends that I hadn’t met yet were stopping at this
house on their road trip. They were going to spend the night at the place here.
It was so good to see them again because it had been since this past summer
that I’ve last seen them. We had a good American barbeque and apple pie in honor of all those
who allow us to do all the things that we are able to do in America.
Hope yall have a
good dinner tonight.
Ryan
No comments:
Post a Comment