Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Atlanta, GA

Yesterday was a fun day of hanging out around Copper's place. In the morning the horse farrier came by to put shoes on Copper's horses so I got a book and drank my coffee and relaxed on the porch while that was taking place. We then headed off to her Grandpa's place a few miles away and he took us on a bike ride down the Silver Comet Trail. This was an old railroad that they had taken up the rails and paved it for a nice bike trail.
 I have decided to stay in Dallas until this Sunday where, as far as I know, I will be taking off for Charleston, SC. I have been staying here in Dallas for an extended period of time because this is where Copper lives. We met last summer in Grand Teton National Park, WY and we have been going strong ever since. We have lived this past year about 1500 miles apart and have only had the opportunity to see each other twice so this has been nice getting to spend some good time with her.

After riding our bikes, Copper and I went out and adventured to an abandoned airplane that Copper knew about. I was excited to see this because I love exploring around abandoned things.





Today was my day to adventure around Atlanta. I had been in the area for several days and hadnt gone in yet so I figured today was a good opportunity. I woke up this morning and there was still some coffee on the pot from when Copper and her mom woke up and headed to work so I drank a bit of that to start the day today. I headed over to Mountain Biscuits for some breakfast and then I went to the Atlanta History Center. I checked out a cool exhibit about the '96 Summer Olympics and then checked out the part about the history of Atlanta and the Civil War.
After the museum, I only had time to go and drive around Atlanta, so I checked out Georgia Tech campus and went around the city a little bit.


Have a good night tonight.
Ryan




No comments:

Post a Comment