Since I was on the outer banks I went to Kill Devil Hills to see where the Wright Brothers flew the first airplane in history. I went here when I was a younger child, when I really thought that I was going to build airplanes. I looked around the museum a little bit and checked out where the plane originally flew from.
I got to my families house on Saturday night. This was my Aunt and Uncle and cousin who lived here, who I had grown up with and had visited about every year, but havent seen them in about 2 years. I went to church with them on Sunday morning and joined in their Sunday school class. I have learned these past couple of years since my accident, that I do not speak at all when I am in a small group. Even the bible study that I helped to lead, I was not able to think of things to say fast enough to speak which has kind of been a bit of a struggle for me. Anyways, I did not have a problem at all speaking in their Sunday school. These were all of the people that prayed for me during my accident so I think the spirit flowed through me that day and that is why I was able to say something. It was really cool being able to meet all of these people who were involved in praying for me in my time of need, because it was these prayers that saved my life.
After church, I went to my grandparents old house that the entire family used to meet at every summer from about when I was ten years old. My grandparents passed away about 2 years ago and this was the first time I would see their house again. There were so many memories that took place in this house while I was growing up. Each of these visits, I would stay for about three weeks during the summer and would grow closer with my family. This is where I learned how to water ski and wake board on my grandads boat. I learned to fish with all of my cousins and crack open crabs that my grandad would catch right off of his dock. My grandma also lived here but maybe about 5 years ago she had to go into a Alzheimer's home as she fell victim to the disease. They were such awesome people who were able to develop my life into the person I am today.
This morning, I went for a beautiful run around my aunt and uncles house. I was so happy because it has been so long since I had been on a run, it felt really good. After my run, I went to America's womb. And by that I mean I went to Jamestown and Colonial Williamsburg. I didnt know that I would have to pay for everything to see Jamestown, so I just drove around a historic drive that they had. It really didnt impress me a lot until I thought about how much hardships they had to face right there. After Jamestown, I went just a few miles away to Williamsburg. I couldnt really find out where to go to see all of the colonial buildings so I continued walking and found people dressed up like they were colonial people so I went right over to them. It was cool to walk around the old place that had been so nicely restored. I started to get thirsty, so I asked a couple of the colonial people where I could get a beer. They pointed me to an outdoor tavern that looked really nice so I walked over to it. As I was walking over, I thought to myself how much of an adventure it would be to work as one of those people, but that might be for another summer. I sat at the bar and the couple next to me suggested a beer to try. I was happy with their decision and began conversing with them. They had lived in Williamsburg for the past 14 years and they said this was still the best bar in town. When they got up and left, the bartender served me another beer and she said that that couple had gotten it for me and took care of my tab. I thought this was so cool because I was just having a good time with them and hopefully I was able to influence them positively. Next, another couple came up to the bar next to me and we started talking and we had a great time. A fife player walked up to us and started playing and it was so lovely.
When I got home, my aunt Sherry had dinner ready for all of us. We had the whole family eating together and it was so nice and I am so thankful for their hospitality.
Thank you AmericaRyan
No comments:
Post a Comment