Monday, June 16, 2014

Having to say goodbye and heading up to Hendersonville, NC

I had a few really good past couple of days in Dallas with Copper. The past three mornings, they put me to work in the biscuit restaurant, which was a really good experience. Copper's mom, Debbie, is the owner of Mountain Biscuits. Her own restaurant that she opened about 5 years ago. It has always been my goal to open my own restaurant so it is really helpful to see how it is run and how everything works from an insiders perspective.
 
 After work that day, we headed down to a new park that they had built in her area. It was such a cool place, and since it was after work we decided to set up our hammocks and take a nap for a little bit there.

 Next, we had heard of a cool little pizza place that we saw on Travel Channel's Man vs. Food that had the Carnivore Challenge. This was an 11 pound pizza that two people had to finish in under an hour. We longboarded over to Big Pie in the Sky and had a huge slice of pizza but we decided not to go for the Carnivore Challenge.
 On Saturday night, we saw that the Braves were playing the Angels in Atlanta so we decided to head on down there and watch the game. We parked out of the city because of traffic and rode the light rail to downtown for some food. We got back on it and made it right to the game.

 When we were in line at Turner Field for the tickets and Copper's friends walk up from behind us and I am introduced to them. We were not expecting to see them so it was really cool. We all decide to get tickets together, so we got standing room tickets and found a good spot. It was the perfect night for a baseball game. It ended up being a wild game that was decided in the 13th inning. Turns out the Angels won the game but it was such a fun experience. We head back to the car on the MARTA and didn't get lost once. Well thats false but we do make it to the car.

 Yesterday, we did not have to work and since it was Father's Day Sunday, we go to Copper's church with her grandparents. She has told me the her grandpa has had a huge influence on her so it was awesome to go to church with them. And since I wasn't able to be with my Dad, it was kind of nice being with another father figure. Thanks to all of the Dad's who have had such an influence on our lives for the better. Thanks Pops for putting up with me and leading me in the right direction. Love you Dad!
When we got home from church, I had to pack up Golfer and leave so that I could make it to Hendersonville, NC to stay with a good friend's family. It is not the funnest time to leave the one that you love and not be sure when the next time you get to see them is, but it had to happen on this trip so I was as ready as I could be. It is not too easy dating long distance, but I think it helps to make the relationship strong and steady and Im glad that everything that has happened has happened. We had a good talk right before I left and then I parted ways.




No comments:

Post a Comment