As I was heading over there I stopped at Myrtle Beach just to see it. I have to be honest and say that the part that I went to at Myrtle Beach was the junkiest stuff I had ever seen. It is not a place that I want to return to anytime soon. Maybe I didn't have time to see it all, but the part I did see was not pleasing.
I successfully made it to Wilmington just before dark so I had to set up my camp quickly and go to sleep. In the morning I woke up and walked around the state park a little bit.
I then went to Wilmington to walk around a bit. It was a cool little town that really was a small little Charleston or Savannah.
Based on Pops recommendation, I began making way to Ocracoke Island. This included a two hour ferry ride to the island in the outer banks. I was able to sit and read for a bit and think about life a little bit. Yesterday, I started to notice that I was growing a little tired of being on the road. It is pretty stressful out here and a lot of new things have happened but I will continue to journey as much as I can. I can't take this time in my life for granted or have any negative energy flowing my way, so if y'all have any prayers for me to continue in a strong mind that would be awesome!
I got to Ocracoke before the sun went down so I had some time to wonder around and set up my camp without rushing.
As I was wondering around, an awesome women named Laura invited me to her camp site for a little dinner and a talk. Those are my two favorite things so I gladly obliged. We talked about the power of the mind, which I have recently been growing interest in. Everything is in your mind, so don't take a wise mind for granted. I think it was all in my mind and the grace of God when I was recovering from my accident three years ago and if God didn't put me in a positive state of mind, then I wouldn't have been able to recover.
Anyways, I went in the water for a little bit and finally tucked in for the night. Last night a pretty good rain storm came but luckily my tent was mostly waterproof so I was tucked away cozily.
This morning I woke up and drank my tea and then walked around the campsite. I saw an older couple who had spent the night in their VW van so I immediately went over to them and tried to start a conversation. They were just traveling around and they gave me a tour of the VW and they were some cool people.
This morning I woke up and drank my tea and then walked around the campsite. I saw an older couple who had spent the night in their VW van so I immediately went over to them and tried to start a conversation. They were just traveling around and they gave me a tour of the VW and they were some cool people.






No comments:
Post a Comment