Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Salisbury, MD-Annapolis, MD

I departed from Chesapeake yesterday morning and I was heading just a few hours north to see a friend of mine who I havent seen in about 5 years so I was excited to see her. It was only a three hours drive so I was able to explore around the eastern shore of Virginia and Maryland. I stopped in a nature preserve that I had heard has an old bunker at it and played around there for a little while.

I made it across the border and I was very excited when I saw this sign.
I got up to Salisbury after not too long and walked around a bit and then went to the Evolution Brewery for a bit until my friend Ileana got off work. At the brewery, I sat at the bar and had a cool conversation with a man who was a professor at Salisbury University. He told me some cool stories and we were able to talk for a while about life.

I met Ileana at the restaurant that she worked at and we had a good time. We went back to her place and went out to meet some of her friends. I had such a good time talking with all of these new people that I was getting to meet. Ileana and I were never really close friends back in the day, but when I said I was going on this trip a couple of months ago, she messaged me and said if I wanted to meet her in Salisbury she would not mind that at all. I think it is very important to keep up with old friends and stay in touch, even if you havent talked in years. It is sometimes uncomfortable to call up an old friend after a long time without talking, but developing relationships, I think, are the most important thing that a human does on earth.
Next thing I did after leaving Maryland was drive just a few miles north because the border of Delaware was there and I had to take a picture of the sign.

I drove into Annapolis after that to look around and I was amazed at how cool of a city that was. I walked around there for a little while, but I had to leave unfortunately soon after arriving.


For lunch, I stopped in at a place that was on Man vs. Food called Chick and Ruth's Delly. Adam Richman, host of that show, had to eat a 1 1/2 lb burger and drink a 6 lb milkshake in an hour. Maybe someday I will be able to do that.
I had to leave Annapolis fairly quickly after arriving and be on my way for Sterling, VA to visit my family, where I will get to relax for maybe about a week or so before beginning my next leg of my trip.

Be sure to relax tonight.
Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment