This has been a rather wild adventure to my second stop along the way here. Waking up on Friday morning, I did my usual stretches and prepared to go on my regular morning walk and I walked out the front door and saw Golfer sitting there with a large pizza box sized dent in her. "Wow, what a start to my trip," I say to myself. I couldn't believe that I stayed at a place for my first night and my car was already damaged. It appeared that someone had backed out of a driveway without looking behind them and backed it straight into the back panel of Golfer. I continued on my walk trying not to think about it, but that was impossible. I got back to the house and began the process of calling insurance and figuring out what to do about that. I quickly had to rearrange my plans and decided to ride with Murphy and Halina and still go and have a great time in New Orleans.
Murphy made a tasty breakfast that morning and Halina came over and shortly we departed for New Orleans. We got into our hotel at about 9 that night and cruised around the city checking out different things.
The next morning, I woke up early and went out by myself to Cafe du Monde and enjoyed some coffee and biegnets.
I came across Murphy and Halina and we took the street car to the Garden District and ate at my favorite little place, the Camelia Grill and had fun enjoying the atmosphere.
Next we tried to creep on Drew Brees's house. We found what we thought was his house and rang the bell and a lady answered and told us she was not Drew Brees. I was discouraged.
We walked around a little after that and got some coffee to recharge ourselves.
We went back to the French Quarter and saw some live music at the Oyster Festival so we stayed for a bit there and enjoyed it and walked around some more exploring the culture.
We talked to some guy that night who had a huge snake and a cool motorized longboard and was entertained by him for a while with all of his stories and everything.
This morning I walked out again by myself and went around the French Quarter and there was a little bit of sun for a little while and it was really nice. It was the first bit of sun that I had seen since we got there so I liked it.
We are in the car driving back to Houston now and I could definitely say that I have learned a lot on my trip with my car getting ran into an everything so I could say that is already a goal accomplished. I'm going to take a nap but I want y'all to have a great lunch.
Ryan
















You rock, Ryan! Loved reading about your trip. Happy Travels!!
ReplyDelete